The Michael L. Buckner Law Firm is pleased to invite persons registered to attend the 2012 NCAA Regional Rules Compliance Seminar to attend the firm’s complimentary session at the seminar site in Atlanta, Georgia. The session, “Internal Athletics Investigations and Hot Topics”, will take place from 3:30-4:30 pm today (Monday, June 4) at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Room Chicago A-D. The session will provide:
- In-depth strategies, techniques and best practices on how: (a) to plan an internal investigation of alleged NCAA rules-violations; and (b) to conduct investigative interviews.
- Best practices and advice from former NCAA associate director of enforcement Richard A. Johanningmeier on how to address enforcement “hot topics” during an NCAA investigation.
1. Welcome and Introduction of Topic (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [3:30 to 3:35 pm].
2. Athletics Investigations: Planning and Interviewing (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [3:35 to 4:00 pm].
a. Planning an Investigation: Investigation Policy and Procedures and Investigation Plan.
b. Interviewing 101: Strategies, Best Practices and Tips on Interviewing; How to Question Witnesses (A Civil Action screening).
3. Investigating Hot Topics [4:00 to 4:25 pm]. Guest Speaker: Richard A. Johanningmeier, former NCAA associate director of enforcement (who was lead investigator on the USC, University of Alabama and the University of Miami enforcement cases).
4. Questions and Answers (Michael L. Buckner, Esquire) [4:25 to 4:30 pm].
Note: Participants must be registered with the NCAA Regional Rules Seminar to attend the session.
Disclaimer: The session does not comprise the official program of the NCAA regional rules seminars and is not endorsed or sponsored by the NCAA.
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
Michael L. Buckner Law Firm