Buckner, a higher-education and sports law firm, has published the third quarter 2014 issue of Higher-Ed and College Athletics Best Practices Alert newsletter.
Topics in this issue of the newsletter include:
- Keep It or Toss It – How Many Years is Long Enough?: Document Retention and Destruction Best Practices
- NCAA Division II Summer 2014 Enforcement Review: Alaska Anchorage Case
- NCAA Division III Summer 2014 Enforcement Review: Denison University and University of Wisconsin, Superior Cases
- 5 Effective Practices in Sexual Harassment Policies and Training
- General Counsel’s Corner: Protecting Attorney-Client Privilege During Internal Investigations
- What is a “Failure to Monitor”?: A Review of the Committee on Infractions’ Expectations, Part V.
The current issue can be downloaded by clicking here.
Prior editions, of the newsletter can be read and downloaded on the law firm website, http://www.bucknersportslaw.com/News-Resources/Publications.
Buckner, a higher-education and sports law firm, provides clients with innovative strategies for complex legal matters and cases. Our attorneys, consultants and affiliated professionals assist higher education, high school, Olympic, amateur, professional and corporate clients with addressing sports-related legal, compliance, regulatory and administrative issues. Our areas of practice include: University Accreditation; Administration, Governance and Compliance; Athletic Academics; Contracts and Business Transactions; International Sports Arbitration and Compliance; Media Communications; NCAA Investigation and Enforcement; Litigation; Risk Management; Title IX; and University Academics. The firm’s website is located at: www.bucknersportslaw.com.