Buckner, a global-focused higher-education and sports law firm, published the First Quarter 2015 issue of Higher-Ed and College Sports Best Practices Alert, an electronic newsletter featuring articles, columns and resources pertaining to higher-education and college sports issues.
The issue contains the following pieces:
- New NCAA Enforcement Resource: Athletics Investigation Handbook (2015 Edition)
- Division I Column: What are Level I, II and III Violations?, Part I
- Division II Column: Committee on Infractions Releases Decision in Cheyney University of Pennsylvania Case
- 5 Best Practices to Consider When Implementing Hazing Prevention Initiatives
- General Counsel’s Corner: Athletics Scholarships and Coaches’ Oral Promises
- Abstract: Extending Sports Wagering Studies Outside of the Student-Athlete Population: NCAA Division I Athletic Trainers’ Gambling Behaviors
- NCAA Drug Testing and Students with a ADHD Diagnosis
The current issue can be downloaded by clicking here.
Prior editions, of the newsletter can be read and downloaded on the law firm website, http://www.bucknersportslaw.com/News-Resources/Publications.
Buckner, a global-focused higher-education and sports law firm, provides clients with innovative strategies for complex legal matters and cases. Our attorneys, consultants and affiliated professionals assist higher education, high school, Olympic, amateur, professional and corporate clients with addressing sports-related legal, compliance, regulatory and administrative issues. Our areas of practice include: University Accreditation; Administration, Governance and Compliance; Athletic Academics; Contracts and Business Transactions; International Sports Arbitration and Compliance; Media Communications; NCAA Investigation and Enforcement; Litigation; Risk Management; Title IX; and University Academics. The firm’s website is located at: www.bucknersportslaw.com.